Essential Tips for a Productive Year-Round Garden
Growing a garden is the ultimate ego-boost. Did you keep living things alive, fed, and nurtured? Congratulations! Seeing the blooms and growths on your little plant babies is truly a rewarding feeling. But keeping them alive through winter? That’s a whole different ball game that is satisfying. Here, 99 Heirlooms shares three tips for year-round gardening.
Focus on the Function
Is your aim to cultivate a highly productive garden? Or perhaps you’re a planting newbie, and all you really care about is keeping your plants alive. Either way, it’s time to focus on:
- Soil: As winter sets in, your soil health will become more relevant. Work organic compost in before planting, and fertilize well before the frost sets in.
- Varietals: If you’re looking for crops that grow in the colder months, look up a list of weather and cold-tolerant fruit and veggies, and shop quality seeds by providers like 99 Heirlooms.
- Water: Don’t forget to water your garden even when it’s cold out! Choose a warmer day to do so and opt to water at mid-day or when temperatures are higher. New roots form between March and April, so your plants will need a little extra moisture in those months.
Don’t Forget the Beauty
Having a home garden is a product of function, but that isn’t to say that your green space can’t be beautiful as well. Here’s how to prioritize your garden’s aesthetics can come in handy.
- You will instantly boost your home’s property value and curb appeal, which can increase appraisal value and selling price.
- By focusing on keeping the layout tidy and organized, your plants will have the space to grow to their full potential.
- A beautiful garden sparks joy - so why not take advantage of all the calming and relaxing benefits of this activity?
Whether you aim to cultivate flowers, have fresh herbs for cooking, or grow your produce - we are here to tell you that it is all possible. Incorporate our tips into your green oasis, so you’re well on your way to a productive garden by the time summer sets in.
If you’re looking for the highest quality, USA-grown garden seeds, be sure to shop for heirloom seeds @ 99 Heirlooms today!